What Kind of Mood Are You In Today?

Saturday, September 19, 2009

So What Am I Going to Do About It?

I've been reading some articles from "the guy with the nametag", Scott Ginsberg.  This guy decided at 20 years old that he was going to wear a nametag...forever.  Yes, everyday he slaps on a nametag.  There's one on his suit jacket.  One on his shirt.  He even has a tattoo on his chest that says, "Hello, my name is Scott."


When Travis told me about this guy, I wasn't so much interested in all his profit maximizing strategies, but the name tag thing made me want to stand and shout, "Bravo!  Bravo!"


I'm jealous.  Jealous that I haven't done all those crazy, off-the-wall things that I think of.  


Anyway, we're best friends now.  He's my friend on Facebook, we email each other regularly, and he follows me on Twitter. 


Ok, really I just joined his fan page on Facebook and his email was something of a funny sales pitch, but he really is following me on Twitter.  Me and 7,000 other people.  


I am reading an article on blogging and doing a lot of soul searching in the process.  The biggest question I've been asking myself is, 


"So what am I going to do about it?"


This blog is not (yet) read by thousands of people everyday, but there are complete strangers reading it, not just my friends.  People from 23 different countries and 291 cities have visited it, and I've made $66 dollars just from AdSense.  Personally, I'm amazed.  I just started this July 27th.  I expected 20 people and all them friends.


"So, what am I going to do about it?"


That is the question I must answer and it is going to be my theme for the next year or so.  


Or until the newness wears off, but I figure that even if that happens, I'll be a few steps closer to the person I want to be.


Rachael-you have this blog that seems to interest people who aren't just your friends.  So, what are you going to do about it?


Rachael-you have a problem with losing your cell phone.  So, what are you going to do about it?


Rachael-you've driven off with the gas pump 3 times!!!  So, what are you going to do about it?


Rachael-your house is a disaster.  So, what are you going to do about it?


Does that mean my goal is to not have a life that doesn't have any funny, crazy, how-in-the-heck-did-you-do-that moments in it?


If you think I could accomplish that you don't know me well enough yet and need to read a few more posts!


No, the goal is to learn from each of those moments and perhaps start saving money from not taking gas pumps for a drive (at least not more than once), buying new cell phones because the old one is lost, car repairs...  You get it.


So, my carpet is drying out right now because half of the water used to wash a load of laundry is sitting on it.  My fault.  So, what am I going to do about it?  Guess it's time I go figure that out!  Wanna go with me?


Story on the carpet tomorrow!


errrr...make that Monday.  I'm closed on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment