What Kind of Mood Are You In Today?

Monday, July 27, 2009

The SECOND Time I Drove Off with the Gas Pump Still Attached to My Car

I was pumping gas and talking on my cell phone to my poor husband, Travis. (Pumping gas while talking on the cell phone. Doesn't that cause brain tumors or something?) I finished pumping, got in the car, and continued my conversation with my poor husband, Travis. Suddenly, there was a loud THUMP and SCRAPING of the pavement. Did my muffler just fall off? Did I run something over? Did I...oh, no. I couldn't possibly have...oh, yes I did!

I forgot to remove the gas pump from my car!!!

I did NOT want Travis to know what I had done, so I couldn't slam on my breaks and go tell Chevron what happened. That would get the kids' attention and they would no doubt tell on me.

I kept driving.

As I was rounding the corner, trying to find a place to park and act natural, the owner of the place started running toward the car yelling, "Stop! Stop!" I'm still talking to Travis mind you, and so I could not yell back, "I'm parking! I'm parking!" I waved at the guy, who started running faster and yelling louder. The guy caught up with me, pulled the hose from my gas tank and yells, "You could at least give me my pump back, " and all the while I'm still talking to Travis on the cell phone, trying to act as if nothing is going on so Travis wouldn't suspect.

Eventually I found a way to get off the phone and then I went inside and assured the guy that I was not planning on driving off with his pump. He took my number and I never heard from him again...

...until today. Is it because he finally got around to calling me? Oh, no. Not in Rachael's world. I did it...(sigh) again! That makes 3.

5 comments:

  1. Same gas station.. twice.. You are too funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brain tumors, no. But if you use your cell phone at a gas pump, you might be setting yourself for one doozy of a blog post -- See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gct1BmKNvU0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. If I didn't know you I would think you were making this stuff up. I enjoy reading your blog on my last break at work. You are such a great writer. See you on face book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of anonymous friends.

    ReplyDelete