What Kind of Mood Are You In Today?

Friday, July 31, 2009

How I Locked Myself Out of Our Hotel Room on My Wedding Night Part 2

If you haven't read the first post on how I locked myself out of my own hotel room on my wedding night, do so now!

Let's recap. We got married, drove off, went back because I forgot my purse, drove off again, went to hotel. I decided to help get the luggage, walked outside, forgot to get the keys. Locked out of hotel room.

So, there I am, standing at the door of our hotel room in a wedding dress, waiting for Travis to return with new keys. After what seemed like hours of people giving me strange stares- and the Lord only knows what they must have been thinking!- Travis returned and we, once again, opened the door to our hotel room. We went inside and Travis once again went out to get the luggage, but not before turning to me and saying,

"Stay here!"

Again, I'm nervous and can't keep still and time seems to be dragging as I wait for Travis to come back with our luggage. He finally returns, but has this puzzled look on his face.

"Rachael, where did you put your suitcases?"

My eyes moved back and forth as I tried to figure out what in the world he was talking about.

"They're in your car!" I replied.

"Where in the car?"

"In the trunk!"

"Well, I looked all over and they're not there."

That's when it hit me...

They were still in the trunk of my MOM'S car!

Ok, I only THOUGHT that sitting outside a hotel room in a wedding dress was embarrassing!!! How could I possibly call my mother and tell her that we need to come get my luggage??? She'll think we... she'll wonder... she'll look at me like... No, this CANNOT be happening!!!

I just couldn't call her. I just... couldn't. So I made Travis do it.

What? Don't look at me like that.

And I made him go ALONE (I said don't look at me like that!) to the lobby where my mom met him and gave him the luggage. Had it been my step-father who met Travis, there may have been high 5's and winks, but my mom was just as embarrassed as I was and that made for a few awkward moments for Travis. When all was said and done, Travis made it back WITH my lugguge and once again, we headed off to our blissful life of gas pumps, drive-through car washes, and missing luggage.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to have Cassie tell you about her forgetting her suitcase on her wedding night! We are all so related. Lord help us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Adrienne said it runs in the family, too! haha!!! Please tell Cassie to share her story!!! I want to hear it!

    ReplyDelete