What Kind of Mood Are You In Today?

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Soaked Carpet and What I Did About It

A week or so ago I wrote a post about how I left the utility sink that my washer drains into plugged up after mopping my floor and then ran the washer. My carpet was sitting under half the amount of water it takes to do a load of laundry and I had the wonderful privilege of having a cold, damp, stinky house while I waited for the fan to do it's work and the carpet to be dry. Yeah. Good times. Notice I didn't use any ! marks. And I always use ! marks!

So, I posed the question, "So what am I going to do about it?" and I got a few answers. The most popular suggestion was to re-plumb the washer. Personally, I think this is a FABULOUS idea! Travis, on the other hand, well...Travis hasn't mentioned a word about it. I don't think he wants to do it.

Me do it?!?  Psh! You mean you actually want me to mess with this stuff? Have you been reading this blog very long?!? (I did fix the dishwasher and washing machine once, though! *pats self on back*)

Since re-plumbing isn't going to happen anytime soon, or so it seems, I came up with this plan:




Yes, I printed out a picture of the mess, put it on a legal-sized file folder, and wrote, "Never Fordet"

Fordet?

"Never Foraet"

Foraet?

"Never For...huh?"

G.  It's a g.

I guess I "forgot" that the file folder has a piece cut out for the label and my "g" wasn't going to fit.  Oh, well.  I know what it says and now so do you.

I posted this picture right above the utility sink.  I hope it works and that I never forget to unplug the washer again...

...or pull out the drain hose and forget to put it back in.  Yup!  Done that more times than I care to think about, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment