Sunday night I let my left brain take a vacation and my right brain filled in.
When my daughter asked if she could make cookies...all by herself...my right brain said, "Sure! Let the sweet child express herself! Let her know that she is an important part of our family unit. She's the middle child, after all."
As promised, I stayed out of the kitchen and cringed in the living room while I listened to the conversations my three kids were having. The middle child became the instant leader and put her brother and sister into action. Probably because she promised to clean up or else fold all the laundry and she knew it would be quicker to have 6 hands than her 2.
I sat in the living room and took notes on the things I was hearing in the kitchen. It was fun frightening to hear, and boy did it spur my imagination!
I imagine it will do the same for you, so today, you get to write the blog post! Read the following quotes that I overheard and tell me what my kids were up to. The first clue to get you started is, "chocolate-chip cookies," and the 2nd is, "3 kids." Put on your detective cap and tell me what happened.
premature p.s. (What else would you call a p.s. that's not at the end but needs to be inserted in the middle?) I have invited my blogger friends to use their creative juices and come up with some funny ones of their own. If you like it, check out their blog, since I told them they could shamelessly post their link. If you don't, make yours better!
And now...the quotes:
1. "Oooo! I got glop on the book!"
2. "Cookie cupcakes!"
3. "Rebecca! Hurry, they're burnt!!!"
4. "(GASP!) Rebecca! They're dripping onto the bottom of the oven!"
5. "Run it under cold water!"
6. "It looks a lot worse than it is."
7. "Wanna cookie? We overcooked them a little."
8. "OOOoo! Muffins!"
9. (Timer rings and rings and rings...)
10. (Timer has been ringing for 5 minutes. Does no one hear it except me?)
11. "Let's check on our ice cream!" (We don't have any ice cream.)
12 "I'm so glad Mom isn't in here right now."
13. "It's done. You can't even eat it now. It's just like ice cream."
14. (sound of something breaking) "Oh...it broke. Mom's waffle thing."
What the heck was going on in there? Do tell!